Virtual Field Trips
Dinosaurs and Fossils: Take a Virtual Tour of Dinosaur Museums:
Take virtual tours of dinosaur museums in the American Museum of Natural History. Launch both virtual tours in the Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs Click Here and in the Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs: Click Here.
Then take the virtual tours of the Hall of Primitive Mammals Click Here and the Hall of Advanced Mammals by scrolling down the page at the American Museum of Natural History: Click Here.
Return to Top
- Research the dinosaurs and mammals noted, such as the Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor, or the early horse called Protohippus and saber-toothed cats.
- Learn why the dinosaurs and mammals became extinct. What animals, today, are on the verge of extinction?
- Try these learning activities on dinosaurs and ancient fossils: Click Here.
- Observe and learn about Vertebrate Origins: Click Here.
- Write descriptions of what you learned on your Dinosaur Virtual Tour. Draw illustrations of the dinosaurs and mammals, and label each. Keep these in your Journal.
- Create dinosaur models with kits, or create your own dinosaurs, using balsa wood or popsicle sticks. Take pictures of your dinosaur projects and keep with your Journal, too. For dinosaur kits, consider resources such as these: Click Models.
Ancient Egypt: Take a Virtual Field Trip to Ancient Egypt:
Learn about Ancient Egypt, the Pyramids, and where kings hid their tombs. Tour the geography of Egypt, its architecture, hieroglyphs, daily life, timelines, and more. Begin your virtual field trip now: Ancient Egypt
Return to Top
- Great Pyramid Tour: Click here to go inside the Great Pyramid!
- Explore the Pyramids: Click here.
- Geography of Egypt: Click here.
- Architecture of Egypt: Click here.
- Hieroglyphs of Egypt: Click here.
- Daily Life in Egypt: Click here.
- Timelines of Egypt: Click here.
- Sciences in Egypt: Click here.
- Government in Egypt: Click here.
- Religion in Egypt: Click here.
- Select your favorite facts or topics learned from your Egyptian Virtual Field Trip. Draw or write about what you learned. Create an Egyptian display, exhibit, or artwork to show others. Take pictures of your display or exhibit and keep in your homeschool photo album or scrapbook.
Railroads: Take a Field Trip across the Transcontinental Railroad:
the growth across America through the Transcontinental Railroad.
See the construction of the railroad, challenges faced, the railroad workers, gold prospectors, and more: Click here
Also learn about other events that occurred as a result the railroad expanding westward, such as:
- The discovery of gold
- Presidents of that era
- End of the Civil War
- Nitroglycerin explosion
- Founding of Western towns
- Mormon and Native American leaders
- The joining together of the East and West segments of the Transcontinental Railroad in Utah.
Follow-up lesson plan ideas:
Visit us often over the coming months for new, interesting field trips, added throughout the year!
This Page Copyright 2006 - 2017 Sherri Linsenbach
Return to Home